JOIN THROUGH US & SAVE!

 

Enter Coupon Code: "STCHARLESCHAMBER" & SAVE on your first 12 months!

Why Join? Click here to check out the benefits!

NOTE: You must be a current member of this chamber to use this coupon code.

 

Photo Credit: St. Charles Chamber of Commerce

Our Mission

The St. Charles Chamber of Commerce (a non-for-profit organization), has been the primary business resource connection in the community since 1922, serving the St. Charles area including the City of St. Charles, St. Charles Township, Campton Hills, Wasco, and the surrounding communities within School District 303. A membership in the St. Charles Chamber of Commerce provides resources, tools, programs, and events, which create opportunities for our members to build relationships, increase brand exposure, enhance knowledge and skills, and to engage with the community. We believe that a membership in the St. Charles Chamber of Commerce, coupled with member engagement, leads to personal and professional growth and expanded business opportunity.

With almost 700 business members, and over 2,500 individual member representatives, the opportunities to network, build long lasting business relationships, and the potential for referrals are endless. As we look to 2020, our calendar of programs and events, are expanding to increase value to our members' benefits. We are constantly looking for ways to elevate and expand our services and best serve our business community.

About St. Charles

St. Charles is located in the Central Fox Valley River region of Kane County. St. Charles was the location of the Native American community for the chief of the Pottawatomie that inhabited the area. A city park overlooking the river was dedicated to this Native American past. After the Black Hawk War in 1832, the entire area of the Fox Valley was opened to American settlement. Evan Shelby and William Franklin staked the first claim in what is now St. Charles in 1833. They came back in 1834 with their families from Indiana, and were joined by over a dozen other families later that year. The township was initially known as Charleston, but this name was already taken by the downstate city of Charleston, Illinois so the name of St. Charles (suggested by S. S. Jones, a lawyer) was adopted in 1839. St. Charles became incorporated as a city February 9, 1839 and reincorporated October 17, 1874 (under the 1870 Illinois Constitution).

Much has evolved since 1833 and today St. Charles is truly a great community, the Pride of the Fox! It is a community where men can live, can work, can be educated, can worship and can play. It’s Community & Economic Development mission is to preserve the heritage, community character and natural resources, while building a better community; enhancing quality of life; and responding to community need.

Contact Us

Address: 216 Riverside Ave, St. Charles IL, 60174

Phone: 630.584.8384